Poll: Should we see a few events the meantime?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Pokémon Voyage V3
(08-10-2018, 11:22 PM)Zarquad Wrote:  Here are some high-level ideas I've already been considering. Not saying I'll actually implement these, or that they'll be implemented in the way described here - it's just some brainstorming. Some of these were taken from other suggestions in the past from other members. Feel free to give your thoughts on any of them or expand on them.

- Loyalty Points: You gain them on the RPG by doing daily tasks like logging in, going through a few battles, etc. As you accumulate points you unlock special features like trade logs, new avatars, "titles" that are displayed on your profile, RPG skins, etc. In general this feature moves the RPG towards having users unlock features as they progress, instead of having every feature available at the start (core features would still be available for all users).

- Game Corner: Place to put the existing minigames and add new ones. Spend money to play games. Can incorporate weekly/monthly high score prizes.

- Guilds: Need a specific number of players to create one. Can change guilds once every month or so. Guilds have their own customizable page, ranks, etc. and work together on different things to get the highest overall guild score.

- Buy/Sell Page: Option to buy back your own Pokemon or sell to a specific user. Pokemon on the buy page are released automatically after some period of time.

- Double exp events

- Built-in walkthrough for new accounts

- More achievements

- Referral system (maybe, if I am confident I can design it in a way to avoid abuse)

- More items. Pokeballs (bought with money) required to catch map Pokemon to prevent insane levels of hoarding, because it will eventually hurt performance.

- User trade logs

- Live battles (not a priority, has some issues that would have to be worked out)

- Follower Pokemon: Special "partner" Pokemon or just the first Pokemon in your roster, appears next to your trainer sprite, participates in game corner games

- Quests for users to go on that unlock special legendary Pokemon and other things (lots of ideas around these in old threads)

- Battle Frontier (similar modes to the actual games)

- Improve battles: Status conditions, items, switch Pokemon, exp boosts, mobile friendly, more responsive, maybe doubles

One thing I'm keeping in mind is too many "currencies." Money, Pokemon, achievement coins, loyalty points, etc. This will become too complicated if I add new currencies for the battle frontier, game corner, and other features. I want to make each feature have some sort of reward system to motivate players to participate, but we need to keep it simple, balanced, and not easily abused.
Loyalty Points - I like this, almost like how video games nowadays have all content unlocked, but aesthetic options can be increased based on how much time and effort you put into certain things.  Either leave it as you have it, where all things you do earn you one type of "point", you could also/either have specific loyalty points for different tasks.  Example:  Training Titles based on Exp gained or battles won, each successive tier unlocks either a title or an avatar etc.  Could include training/catching pokes/buying and selling Pokemon/games (game corner) or whatever things float your boat. 

Game Corner - Also like this, something to do and can possibly help to win prizes that range from aesthetics to Pokemon.  Can have prizes from winning games, from collection coins, and possibly from daily/weekly/monthly rankings.  Will go a long way to helping money become valuable again.

Guilds - I sorta like this idea, but if we implement this I think we would need to go 1 of 2 ways.  If we go the route of being able to create your own, prizes shouldn't include Pokemon/items/money, they should be purely titles/avatars etc.  I think this way because I believe it would promote exclusion if one or a few people can decide on which people are allowed into their group, and then only the select few are able to win good prizes.  If we have set guilds/clans that anyone can join and no one can kick them out, besides obviously a mod banning someone for cheating, then prizes like cool Pokemon/items whatever would be great!

Buy/Sell Page:  Makes sense to me, but if so maybe we should put in a penalty of say 5% of the sale price, just to prevent spamming.  Also, after a month or whatever time period, pokes should either be deleted or returned to the owners account.  There are still maps up there now from year+ ago.

Double Exp Events - Me like <3

Built in walk through for new accounts - Should be fine since there is a two account limit, if there wasn't that would get annoying haha.  Maybe creating some high quality video content of how things are done could also be a cool thing.  (IE video walkthroughs/testimonials from successful users/mods.  Only if it is done well though, if it's shoddy that would just be too cringey.

More achievements - Yes!  And a more up to date achievement shop.  A cool thing could be to have a few different groups of prizes.  Stuff that is always there, ranging from cheap to get to expensive stuff (in achievement coins), rotating prizes that are only in the shop during the day/night and/or each day of the week or one day a month etc.  The some limited availability prizes that would only be available for say a month at a time and then will never be available again.  Would keep things interesting/force people to spend those coins if something they want pops up.

Referral system - I'm eh on this idea.  IF, and that is a big if, we can prevent abuse of this, it might help bring in new people.  However, wherever I've seen referral systems implemented they haven't really done well/helped recruitment.

More items - So many ideas for items, but yes we need more items for lots of different things.

Live Battles - I guess, but man it would be a lot of work.

Follower Pokemon - This is cool.  Could also implement a sort of "Pokemon Goish" system like the buddy system of Pokemon Go.  The more stuff you do, like battles/challenges etc, the more exp it gains (in the Follower system) that can unlock stuff.  Could be cool to have a ranking system for whose buddy has the most exp.  If you switch buddies you'd lose your points too so that would have to be taken into consideration if you switch yours.

Quests - Yes to this, like you said lots of ideas and i think has a lot of potential, i think decisions will have to be made when they are actually being worked on tho, since there is just so many options.

Battle Frontier - Could be really cool, again, so many ideas for towers and the like.

Improve Battles -  I have a few thoughts on this.  1 - the main thing should be if a Pokemon is ko'ed by an attack, it should not still get to make a move.  Because if status effects are implemented, that would just ruin the training experience if you kill a blissey in one go but you still get poisoned...  That leads to my other two thoughts.  Status effect should be worked in, could allow for some interesting stuff for towers etc.  Also could let lower leveled folks kill stronger stuff.  Last thought is about move sets.  I believe it shouldn't be based on type, but on what moves the Pokemon itself can learn.  I don't like the two main options, all Pokemon can learn all moves, or how we have it now.  If i want to train up a Staraptor which can learn Close Combat in the games, this would help me do so.  I know it would be a lot of work, but is something that i think is feasible and would help set us a part.

I also agree on currencies.  That is why i think like an exp bar in the page for each individual thing, ie Follower/Loyalty Points etc would be better.  I agree with tower stuff too, that it should give you prizes if you do certain things like beat the whole thing or accomplish a challenge whatever.
[Image: 034.gif]Nidoking, does not approve.

Stuck and do not know how to get started?  Check out the Beginner's Guide on the PokemonVoyage Wiki
@Ayso

Some notes on a couple of your points:
Loyalty Points - I'll keep it as one type to reduce complexity.

Guilds - You made a really good point about people making exclusive winning groups here, which is actually making me strongly reconsider user-created guilds. I might go back to just including pre-made ones people can join.

Improve Battles - I do plan on having Pokemon only be able to learn the moves they're actually supposed to be able to learn in the games.
cool and good
On the note on guilds, if we go with a premade system one thing we could do is give the active userbase a chance to once a month "elect" a leader who can maybe have some input on choices for the next month of each guild. By that i mean like on the 28th of each month or something like that create a post where users can post their votes and then a mod can tally votes and make the winner the Guildmaster at the start of the new month. Then maybe the guildmaster can either set what goals each clan will go after, such as choosing training/catchign pokemon/other stuff as what is used to determine like a monthly reward. Something like that.

Stuck and do not know how to get started?  Check out the Beginner's Guide on the PokemonVoyage Wiki
(08-20-2018, 03:41 PM)Ayso Wrote:  On the note on guilds, if we go with a premade system one thing we could do is give the active userbase a chance to once a month "elect" a leader who can maybe have some input on choices for the next month of each guild.  By that i mean like on the 28th of each month or something like that create a post where users can post their votes and then a mod can tally votes and make the winner the Guildmaster at the start of the new month.  Then maybe the guildmaster can either set what goals each clan will go after, such as choosing training/catchign pokemon/other stuff as what is used to determine like a monthly reward.  Something like that.

My other concern with user-created guilds is that it's getting harder and harder to implement. Guildmasters sound cool, but also sounds abusable in all the same ways any other election could be abused (bribes, cohesion, etc).
cool and good
I wouldn't give a crap load of power to em, if nothing else just letting them choose like 1 of like 3 or 4 paths for a month, and a title or two lol. No power over adding/changing anything major or nuking the group. Also, make it so guildmaster must switch each month.