Poll: Should we see a few events the meantime?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Pokémon Voyage V3
Most of us know that Zarquad is working on a few ideas for v3 in the meantime would be great to see a few ideas from us the players. Don't have any ideas that's fine just a tap on his back would suffice let's show the mods that we can still keep the game alive.

P.S to all the guests an invisible old users still browsing the forums feel free to drop your support at the least for the newer version for old times sake...

Also drop your thoughts on a small question on the Poll
Cool

Caretaker of Giratina/AquaLugia Heart

Blush
cool and good
i want to see golden celebi in v3 thanks
Elite Four - The Lord of Table Flipping

[Image: orje5v.jpg]
Dark Assassin - Still Our Saviour
(08-09-2018, 02:30 AM)Misterpokemon Wrote:  i want to see golden celebi in v3 thanks

It's already in v2.
Feel free to PM me about anything concerning the rpg, forums or chat.
Yes ty for your suggestion Mpk ;)
Cool

Caretaker of Giratina/AquaLugia Heart

FYI - this is actually a good time to post ideas, or post links to old ones that you liked. I'm not nearly at the stage to implement them, but there might be a few that would be easier to implement down the road if I keep them in mind now. It depends on the nature of the feature.
cool and good
Great idea mate, will think of some and get back to this.
[Image: 30tgqkh.jpg]
Here are some high-level ideas I've already been considering. Not saying I'll actually implement these, or that they'll be implemented in the way described here - it's just some brainstorming. Some of these were taken from other suggestions in the past from other members. Feel free to give your thoughts on any of them or expand on them.

- Loyalty Points: You gain them on the RPG by doing daily tasks like logging in, going through a few battles, etc. As you accumulate points you unlock special features like trade logs, new avatars, "titles" that are displayed on your profile, RPG skins, etc. In general this feature moves the RPG towards having users unlock features as they progress, instead of having every feature available at the start (core features would still be available for all users).

- Game Corner: Place to put the existing minigames and add new ones. Spend money to play games. Can incorporate weekly/monthly high score prizes.

- Guilds: Need a specific number of players to create one. Can change guilds once every month or so. Guilds have their own customizable page, ranks, etc. and work together on different things to get the highest overall guild score.

- Buy/Sell Page: Option to buy back your own Pokemon or sell to a specific user. Pokemon on the buy page are released automatically after some period of time.

- Double exp events

- Built-in walkthrough for new accounts

- More achievements

- Referral system (maybe, if I am confident I can design it in a way to avoid abuse)

- More items. Pokeballs (bought with money) required to catch map Pokemon to prevent insane levels of hoarding, because it will eventually hurt performance.

- User trade logs

- Live battles (not a priority, has some issues that would have to be worked out)

- Follower Pokemon: Special "partner" Pokemon or just the first Pokemon in your roster, appears next to your trainer sprite, participates in game corner games

- Quests for users to go on that unlock special legendary Pokemon and other things (lots of ideas around these in old threads)

- Battle Frontier (similar modes to the actual games)

- Improve battles: Status conditions, items, switch Pokemon, exp boosts, mobile friendly, more responsive, maybe doubles

One thing I'm keeping in mind is too many "currencies." Money, Pokemon, achievement coins, loyalty points, etc. This will become too complicated if I add new currencies for the battle frontier, game corner, and other features. I want to make each feature have some sort of reward system to motivate players to participate, but we need to keep it simple, balanced, and not easily abused.
cool and good
(08-10-2018, 11:22 PM)Zarquad Wrote:  Here are some high-level ideas I've already been considering. Not saying I'll actually implement these, or that they'll be implemented in the way described here - it's just some brainstorming. Some of these were taken from other suggestions in the past from other members. Feel free to give your thoughts on any of them or expand on them.

- Loyalty Points: You gain them on the RPG by doing daily tasks like logging in, going through a few battles, etc. As you accumulate points you unlock special features like trade logs, new avatars, "titles" that are displayed on your profile, RPG skins, etc. In general this feature moves the RPG towards having users unlock features as they progress, instead of having every feature available at the start (core features would still be available for all users).

- Game Corner: Place to put the existing minigames and add new ones. Spend money to play games. Can incorporate weekly/monthly high score prizes.

- Guilds: Need a specific number of players to create one. Can change guilds once every month or so. Guilds have their own customizable page, ranks, etc. and work together on different things to get the highest overall guild score.

- Buy/Sell Page: Option to buy back your own Pokemon or sell to a specific user. Pokemon on the buy page are released automatically after some period of time.

- Double exp events

- Built-in walkthrough for new accounts

- More achievements

- Referral system (maybe, if I am confident I can design it in a way to avoid abuse)

- More items. Pokeballs (bought with money) required to catch map Pokemon to prevent insane levels of hoarding, because it will eventually hurt performance.

- User trade logs

- Live battles (not a priority, has some issues that would have to be worked out)

- Follower Pokemon: Special "partner" Pokemon or just the first Pokemon in your roster, appears next to your trainer sprite, participates in game corner games

- Quests for users to go on that unlock special legendary Pokemon and other things (lots of ideas around these in old threads)

- Battle Frontier (similar modes to the actual games)

- Improve battles: Status conditions, items, switch Pokemon, exp boosts, mobile friendly, more responsive, maybe doubles

One thing I'm keeping in mind is too many "currencies." Money, Pokemon, achievement coins, loyalty points, etc. This will become too complicated if I add new currencies for the battle frontier, game corner, and other features. I want to make each feature have some sort of reward system to motivate players to participate, but we need to keep it simple, balanced, and not easily abused.

I think the loyalty points is a great idea, it can increas the everyday population of PokemonVoyage and finally have the RPG push back to its old ways. A possible way that this could be slightly improved is if you can link it to the forums, it would not only increase RPG activity but also the Forums activity which can increase the actual community

I think haven’t a Games corner would be very beneficial, it can make it easier to do the enjoyable things of PV, but defiantly if this was implemented in the game there would need to be in increase in mini games and possibly some that aren’t just a once a day opportunity to make it more popular!

With the guilds would there be specific rewards that could come with it, so a certain amount of training can lead to prizes for the guild or would it merely be a community Indorced update that would just increase community within the rpg? All that I’m thibking is if there is a prize aspect for let’s say being #1 in the game, more people will fight to earn this achievement

Can you not buy back your own Pokemon already? As far as I’m aware I’ve always bought back my own Pokemon and got a full refund with it. With the aspect of selling privately to any member, is it a needed addition as we still have the option to transfer money, and more times than not that could be quicker. With Pokemon getting deleted after a period of time, this would be a great idea but the selling aspect would need to be changed, as people sell golds for 100million and they don’t sell for a period of time. I believe this would be a great addition if when the Pokemon was taken off the market it was placed back in your account maybe with a penalty to stop people spamming the buy page with 100 million maps.

Double exp would be amazing, but once more wouldn’t it destroy the ratings and interest in levelled Pokemon if this is added?

Built in walkthrough is an amazing idea, it can be really difficult to understand PokemonVoyage, they have a lot of small sections that aren’t the easiest to find without looking long and hard or asking a more experienced member.

I think the aspect of more achievements would be extremely beneficial to the growth and overall activity of PokemonVoyage, but I personally believe that with this addition instead of adding new achievements they could change them? Or give older members the opportunity to redo them in the next update

The referral system can be extremely beneficial, it will push more people to get others to sign up, which is a beautiful thing. But like you said it can bring a large amount of abuse and I’m sure there will be an unbelievable amount of people making multiple accounts and referring them self. I think the way this can be avoided is if there is a certain play time in the account that made the referrals before the referred person is given their point/prize etc.

I think buying things like poke balls would be a decent addition, although with the addition of the legendary map that would potentially place not only the normal maps but the legendary map in a range of which people can’t use. Especially for new members, they won’t be able to afford these poke balls. I think it could be a good idea if new members are given some of these items when starting to be able to begin their journey easier!

User trade logs is amazing, I would love to see my old trades and it upsets me occasionally that I can’t.

Live battles would cause so many issues, but can be used to settle disagreement. If this was going to happen I think you would need to have the same level Pokemon, and all your Pokemon turned normal to make it fair

I think that would be interesting, some people will get creative and some Pokemon that had no worth might possibly increase due to their looks. I think a way this could be implemented in a stronger way though is when you pick a buddy Pokemon, when attaching this Pokemon you lose it, if you detach it it will not return! Each buddy has a different beneficial addition that can help you in certain tasks (stats increase depending on the Pokemon)

Quests would be amazing, it would make more people want to spend the time on Pokemon voyage, I think a great addition would instead be “weekly quests”, a new quest is added every week for the whole of PokemonVoyage and you can either work together or solo in completing the quest!

Battle frontier would probably be a great addition to the people who enjoy it, I won’t make a large comment on this as it just isn’t my thing.

With improving the battle system, it would make people people actually want to trade again, I personally find it difficult to to train at times with the current battle system, so if this does get changed it would be extremely helpful to many members who do actually want to train

Anyway thought I’d give my feedback no matter how long it took
Thanks for the feedback, I noted your points. In regards to some of your questions and concerns:

I'm not sure how rewards would be incorporated into guilds, but likely something around unlocking guild-specific quests or features that grant prizes.

For buying your Pokemon, I meant being able to remove them in the situation where you don't have enough money to actually buy it back.

Double exp events would be rare and not last very long, or specific awards that could be granted (maybe to guilds).

One thing that I will likely not do is "reset" achievements so old players can do them again. This is to preserve the value of achievement shop prizes and help even the playing field for newer members. By changing the shop prizes, newer members have the opportunity to gain new valuable Pokemon older players can't. Older players had this chance too of course, when they bought achievement shop prizes that will no longer available.
cool and good