Java
I want to code in Java and i have experience with Python, so i was wondering what version of java do i need if i intend on making apps for android? And if possible can anyone of you tell me where i can get a copy of it? Thanks in advance.
Sig by: Unstoppable44151
[Image: 2qjfy4k.png]
Must Get:
Ho-Oh (?) (Level: 125) Done
ShinyHo-Oh (?) (Level: 125)
DarkHo-Oh (?) (Level: 125) -> if one is ever released
https://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/index.html?hl=p

If you haven't done object oriented programming yet you're going to have a lot of trouble with it though. You need to know about the basic concepts like inheritance and polymorphism if you want to somewhat understand the code you'll be working with.
let me rephrase my question: can i program things like "hello world" on the same java to program games or is it different?

i am planning on doing like the basic java stuff and work my way up to programming games but i wasn't sure whether it is all the same cuz for python there is a version for normal coding (ie. "hello world") and one for pygame.
Sig by: Unstoppable44151
[Image: 2qjfy4k.png]
Must Get:
Ho-Oh (?) (Level: 125) Done
ShinyHo-Oh (?) (Level: 125)
DarkHo-Oh (?) (Level: 125) -> if one is ever released
For android there's a ton of files and stuff you have to download and work with. It's the same language on a fundamental level, but it isn't anything like your typical personal program.

I wouldn't worry about android yet. Just download the latest version of java from oracle along with eclipse. When you want to work with android just download the bundle in the link I posted before and it'll have everything you need.