Tablets
Not the drawing ones, already got one of those. :3

So, I'm thinking about upgrading my phone to a plan that does tethering, and then buying a tablet to use with it so I'm not always draining my phone battery. I've already killed it three times today trying to juggle PayPal, etsy, ebay, da, pv, etc. My laptop is okay, but it's mostly my TV. Watching TV whilst browsing the net on the same screen kinda sucks.
And I was going to about getting something dirt cheap, on sale, used, whatever is something easy.

I live out in nowhere, thus I don't have the luxury of awesome unlimited high speed wireless with wifi and 20+ MB download speed and whatnot.

I'm just curious who's got what out there? Any brand to avoid or look for?
And I guess tablets need antivirus programs or something, is there a default one or recommendation?
I mostly just need something to last me a year or two, until either this phone contract is over or I move out again.
Take pride in being thrifty. There is never a reason to pay full price for anything
-Scotty, 01/07/14
Nexus 7. Good. Cheap. Runs stock android. 7" display.

Get the newer one, and not the older one.
Hmm, selling my ds and a few other things should cover it.

And nexus 7 is directly from Google? Would you recommend the 16 or 32 gb? Though I guess that's hard to say since I'll be the one putting stuff on it.
Take pride in being thrifty. There is never a reason to pay full price for anything
-Scotty, 01/07/14
16 GB is fine tbh. And yeah, you can order it online, or just it get it from Staples or Best Buy.
For the extra 30 bucks, I think I'd go for 32 gb.
That being said I'd just seen a staples commercial advertising a $25 off mail in rebate for tablets. Definitely something I'll look into in the next couple weeks.

Though tethering with my phone probably isn't any better for my battery, I might as well just buy a second phone to replace this when it croaks...but the bigger screen from a tablet or the option to use my laptop with a keyboard would be nice...

So many things to consider.
-Scotty, 01/07/14
You now can get 3G on ipads
[Image: 2nrmza9.jpg]
apple products ≠ cheap
-Scotty, 01/07/14