More Physics Help.
Lot's of questions:

1. A meteor with a mass of 2500.kg has a weight of 0.276N at a certain distance from the Earth's centre of mass.
a) What will be the meteor's weight if it moves halfway towards Earth's centre of mass?
b) How far from Earth's centre of mass is the meteor?

2. Phred wants to slide one of his moving boxes down a ramp to his basement. if the coefficient of kinetic friction between the box and the ramp is 0.35, what angle must the ramp be at to keep the box moving once he gets it started?

3. Two meteors are floating 110m apart in space. One meteor has a mass of 850kg, while the other has a mass of 1050kg. How long will it take for the two meteors to impact each other?

I have answers and a process for getting the first two that are supposedly right but the process is unclear so I'm confused. "Phred" is what it says in the question, my teacher changes words that start with "F" to "Ph" and vice versa.
If only I didn't burn my work after grad...
Take pride in being thrifty. There is never a reason to pay full price for anything
-Scotty, 01/07/14
I would love to solve these sums but I am myself bound my countless useless assignments! :L
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great. Just focus and keep aiming!<br />- Anon
I got my teacher to solve the first 2, easy enough. The third he said I shouldn't worry about b/c we need calculus to do it, as g will change every time the meteors move.
I can imagine Zarquad doing this next year.

Zarquad: AAHAHA, I'M SUCH A BADASS. I TOOK THE DERIVATIVE, OF A DERIVATIVE.
An intellectual individual: Yeah, that's the second derivative...

(04-02-2013, 02:58 PM)Kakashi link Wrote:I can imagine Zarquad doing this next year.

Zarquad: AAHAHA, I'M SUCH A BADASS. I TOOK THE DERIVATIVE, OF A DERIVATIVE.
An intellectual individual: Yeah, that's the second derivative...

v__v
When in doubt, pick C
[Image: 2nrmza9.jpg]
(04-02-2013, 03:06 PM)Cocobanana link Wrote:When in doubt, pick C

On the upcoming multiple choice physics contest I'm going to write, you lose a mark for every question you get wrong. So it's better to just leave it blank than guess.
I don't get this question (the answer is below it):

[Image: 94cdfba6cf2545f73ae8928b1220fb3d.png]

I got the first part, but I don't know how to get acceleration. How do you find the force of kinetic friction? How did my teacher get to the assumption that mu k = .37?
I got question 10. Though I had to understand the concept behind it, it wasn't as simple as me just messing something wrong. I got it now though~